Saturday, August 26, 2023

Kykao - Stoutly Black IPA - Black IPA (Ale/Greece)



In each beer of Greek Kykao, there is actually an uniqueness. This beer is also a black IPA, they have bittered the stout beer with hops. They have used Amarillo as a cold hop.
This is a very good beer, but the bitterness problem that exists in all black IPAs is also present in this beer, meaning that the taste of the beer suppresses the bitterness. I can taste the flavor given by the black malts, which is similar to Imperial Stout, but I struggle to perceive the bitterness. I wonder if my tolerance for bitterness has increased? Nevertheless, I recommend you to try it if you can find it.

Alc (ABV): 8.0%
Bitterness (IBU): 65
Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sierra Nevada - Little Thing - Big IPA - Imperial IPA (Ale/USA)

Sierra Nevada, founded in 1979, is one of America's first craft breweries. From the "Little Thing" ser...