Tuesday, June 6, 2023

North Coast Brewing - Old Rasputin - Russian Imperial Stout (Ale/USA)



North Coast Brewing Company, founded in 1988 in California, is one of America's first generation craft brewers. Today, it ranks among the top 50 in capacity in America. Old Rasputin is a Russian Imperial Stout and North Coast's most famous beer. It is said that Imperial Stout beers were originally made for the Russian Tsar, Peter the Great, in England. According to North Coast, Old Rasputin has been brewed for over 20 years in the style of 18th-century English brewers. Russian Imperial Stout is generally a high-alcohol, rich, and sweet beer. Old Rasputin is a fine example of this beer style and has won numerous awards, but the bitterness that follows after drinking it prevents me from enjoying it as much. Since I have found smoother and more complex flavors in other Imperial Stouts that I've had, Old Rasputin is not a beer I prefer as an Imperial Stout. I hope I have the opportunity to introduce another Russian Imperial Stout that I find better here.
@northcoast $3.35

Alc (ABV): 9.0%
Bitterness (IBU): 75
Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sierra Nevada - Little Thing - Big IPA - Imperial IPA (Ale/USA)

Sierra Nevada, founded in 1979, is one of America's first craft breweries. From the "Little Thing" ser...