Saturday, April 9, 2022

Shipyard Brewing - American IPA (Ale/USA)



The new beers from @craftbeerlab have arrived at @gurmecarrefoursa. The first one I tried was Shipyard American IPA.
Although American craft beers don't often make it to Turkey, the American IPA label on this beer caught my attention. The bottle also seemed more like an English beer than an American one. However, it does have the label "Portland, Maine USA" on it. Regardless, I started drinking the beer without examining the label too closely. One thing that caught my attention when I poured the beer into the glass was that it had very little head. In American IPAs, the beer usually has more and a more persistent head. Of course, when you taste it, you understand that it is more like an English IPA than an American one.
Once again, the problem here was with expectations and disappointment. If I had drunk it as an English IPA, I probably would have enjoyed it, but this beer was labeled as an American IPA. In fact, it is an English IPA made for English beer lovers, maybe just a little more hoppy than usual.
But on such a beautiful day, of course, I still enjoyed this beer.

Alc (ABV): 5.0%
Score: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sierra Nevada - Little Thing - Big IPA - Imperial IPA (Ale/USA)

Sierra Nevada, founded in 1979, is one of America's first craft breweries. From the "Little Thing" ser...